Call Us - 011 028 9594 Email Us - email@example.com
Terms & Conditions and Booking Information
- A minimum NON-Refundable deposit payment of 50% is required on acceptance of this quotation.
- Any balance amount is due a minimum of 7 days before your event booking date.
- Please confirm VIA email if the quote is still valid before making initial deposit payment.
- Please send Ginistic a signed copy of this Terms and Conditions accepting the above Quotation together with Proof Of Payment.
- By paying the booking deposit or full amount, the client acknowledges to have read, understood, and agrees to the terms and conditions stated in this document.
2. Cancellation /Refunds
- Any cancellation must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No verbal or telephonic cancellations will be accepted
- If a booking is cancelled in excess of 30 Days from event date, there will be no cancellation fee charged and any funds over and above the initial 50% deposit due will be refunded.
- If a booking is cancelled within a 30-Day period preceding the booking date, the full amount of the quotation / invoice is due.
- Outstanding amount is due within 14 days of the written cancellation.
- In the event of the outstanding funds not been received within 14 day of cancellation, the client will be liable for any additional cost such as interest of 2.5% per month, legal fees or debt collection fees in order to recover the outstanding debt.
- If Ginistic is unable to carry out services due to a DJ not been able to attend, a full refund of the paid amount will be processed.
- Any postponements must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com. No Verbal or telephonic postponements will be accepted.
- If we are notified of the event been postponed in excess of 30 days from event date, a full credit of the paid amount will be allocated towards the clients next booking which is valid up to a year from the initial booked date.
- If a postponement takes place within a 30-day period preceding the booking date, only 50% of the paid deposit will be allocated towards the next booking valid up to a year from the initial booking date.
4. Setup & Takedown of Equipment
- It is the responsibility of the client to notify the venue of the required setup and take down time required by Ginistic.
- Please advise Ginistic with regards to the setup venue’s distance from parking / unloading area to the setup location including but not limited to any stairs or lifts as this will affect setup time required.
- Any reference points such as room or building names, landmarks etc. will be appreciated.
- Please advise if your event is in more than 1 room, as this will affect the equipment needed and setup time.
- Setup time required is at the discretion of Ginistic and will depend on various factors like distance, equipment needed and event.
- If a client requires setup to be done in advance of our stipulation setup time a standby charge will apply.
- If advanced setup is required a day prior to the event or take down of equipment a day after the event, it will be the responsibility of the client to make sure adequate security measures are taken. Client will be held directly responsible for any theft or damage to the equipment.
- It is the client’s responsibility to inform Ginistic if there will be any 3rd parties such as videographer, bands, guest or singers etc. that will need to plug into our system as additional equipment might be required. If additional equipment is required onsite, additional charges may apply which will need to be acknowledged in writing by a document given by the DJ to the client.
- Ginistic & the DJ will not be held responsible for any damage, loss, equipment failure, deterioration in sound and equipment quality due to 3rd parties plugging into our system.
- The DJ must be notified of any potential hazards pertaining to Ginistic’s setup at the venue, by the client or venue staff before setup begins e.g. faulty plug points, busy walk ways etc.
- Client will provide adequate supervision of guests including minors and kids.
- Ginistic and the DJ will not be held responsible for any damage to equipment or personal belongings of guests.
- Please inform guests that the DJ table is not a drinks table as the client will be held responsible for any equipment damaged by guests spilling their drinks on DJ equipment.
- Ginistic Entertainment reserves the right to cease service if any form of violence or danger presents itself to the property and employees of Ginistic Entertainment and will not be held liable.
- The Ginistic Team requires a designated area to setup equipment for operation. In the case of an outdoor event the area should be sheltered from acts of nature and cordoned off preventing unwanted personnel. The team will require a table, table cloth and stable power source.
- All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment licenses related to their business and Ginistic will not be held responsible or liable if the venue is found to be in breach of their licensing.
- Please inform the venue that the allocated DJ area will be better suited away from busy walk ways, entrances and doorways, however in acceptable view of the dancefloor and primary speaking area.
- In the event where we cannot tape down cables across walk ways or potentially hazardous areas due to the venue not allowing us to use tape, we will not be held responsible for any injury or death directly or indirectly occurring from this.
- Ginistic will not be held responsible if a client opts for different equipment then recommended based on details of the event given by the client or if the client misunderstands the technical specifications of quoted items, equipment or services.
- If the information supplied by the client is misleading or incorrect, Ginistic will not be held responsible for the outcome.
- Equipment provided is what’s deemed necessary for the event by Ginistic based on the information provided by the client.
- Ginistic & the DJ is not responsible for any injury or death indirectly or directly caused by our equipment.
- Backup equipment specifications for an event is at Ginistic’s discretion. Backup equipment may vary from original quote. Standby teams are available on a ratio, based on the period of bookings and the number of events on the specific date.
- Depending on the requirements from the standby team and backup equipment, there might be a break in service awaiting the standby team or backup equipment. We will try our utmost to continue our service as soon as possible. Any time accumulated in break of service will be credited towards overtime.
- If a 3rd party generator is supplied to Ginistic, it will need to be assessed and approved by the team before use.
7. DJ / Sound Technician / DJ Team
- The DJ, Sound technician and/or DJ team provided is what’s deemed necessary for the event by Ginistic based on the information provided by the client.
- In the unforeseen circumstances where the assigned DJ or requested DJ has to be substituted, Ginistic will try its utmost for a similar replacement but will not be liable for any refunds or credits.
- If the performance start time is delayed due to the inability of Ginistic personnel to gain access to the DJ setup area or any other reason out of Ginistic’s control, Ginistic will not be held liable for a refund or any sub sequential results thereafter. The delayed time will be credited towards overtime.
8. Pre-Event Meeting
- The need of a Pre-Event meeting will be determined by Ginistic based on the event and the complexity of the event.
- We know this is a special day and you as a client want to get all the details correct, a pre-event meeting is not always needed as we do numerous events a year and 95% of them are very similar. We prefer to confirm details like CUE songs, music selection and the programme VIA email as this safe guards both parties by having a paper trail.
- If a pre-event meeting is needed at the venue or clients requested location a surplus charge may apply.
- Pre-event meetings will be based on the availability of the DJ / Sound Team / Representative.
- If the client wishes for Ginistic Entertainment’s services to continue after the allocated time, a per hour rate of R650 will apply..
- Overtime payment made via CASH or EFT will need to be done before the commencement of overtime service.
- We offer the option of paying a holding deposit with your invoice that can be utilized towards overtime which will be refunded in full if the funds are not used.
- The decision of going over the allocated booked time will depend solely on the DJ, taking into consideration the event, other prior arrangements as well as logistics.
- Performance DJ’s are quoted individually.
- Overtime is charged per hour even if the client doesn’t utilize the full hour.
- Only the client that booked Ginistic is authorized to approve overtime.
- If the venue management, authorized personnel or local authorities require the sound levels to be lowered or switched off completely due to any rules and regulations, Ginistic Entertainment is not to be held liable.
- Ginistic Entertainment will not be held liable if acts of nature or natural disasters prevent us from carrying out our service.
- Ginistic Entertainment is not liable for any power outages or power failures and request that if backup power is required it should be provided by the venue, client or requested as an addon from Ginistic.
- The client agrees to be liable and reimburse the affected parties if any damage is incurred to the property of Ginistic Entertainment caused by the client, guests of the client and/or venue staff, in addition any indirect and/or unintentional damaged caused Ginistic Entertainment staff.
- The client agrees that in any and all circumstances, Ginistic Entertainment and its employees will not be held responsible and/or liable for indirect or consequential damages caused by our employees or equipment.
- Travel charges are not included in the packages and will be a separate charge added in the quotation.
- In the event a client is found liable for costs incurred by Ginistic, a fair and market related assessment of the cost will be obtained in which case the client will be held fully responsible for the amount due. Payment is to be made within 30 days of invoice.
These terms and conditions shall in all respects be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and all disputes, actions and other matters in connection herewith shall be determined in accordance with such laws. Failure to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be interpreted as a waiver of Ginistic Entertainments rights, nor shall such failure in any way affect the validity of the whole or any part of these terms and conditions, nor prejudice our right to take subsequent action. If any part of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the remainder of the terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
The Client accepts the “client physical address” provided below will be used as the “domicilium citandi et executandi” in respect of any legal proceedings arising from this agreement and the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court of the district.
An updated and/or digital copy of the terms and conditions are available on our website. www.ginistic.co.za
*** END OF TERMS & CONDITIONS***